« VERBIER 001 » is CC BY-SA 4.0 by MAUKO QUIROGA
Proposal elaborated with the support of the Saber Futuro Foundation.
Digital Sovereignty is a different way of doing State, that puts technologies at the service of people's well-being, integrity, and security. Its most important success indicator is a demonstrable improvement in the well-being of users.
Not to be confused with the so-called digital government, whose focus has been more in digitising bureaucracy (how) than in effectively reducing it (why).
Third instalment of article series
- Roadmap Proposal for Digital Sovereignty (Chile) 1/5
- Roadmap Proposal for Digital Sovereignty (Chile) 2/5
- Roadmap Proposal for Digital Sovereignty (Chile) 3/5
- Roadmap Proposal for Digital Sovereignty (Chile) 4/5
- Roadmap Proposal for Digital Sovereignty (Chile) 5/5
Facilitate the implementation of the ClaveÚnica for all digitalised procedures. To this end, it is proposed to publish the source code and seek support from cooperatives, MSMEs, and citizens to create a permanent team to improve the service.
- The horizontal integration of all digital public services —and even private entities— securely will allow people to carry out their procedures with a single application. In the long term, this will unify and eliminate much of the paperwork —including digital paperwork— and transform the internal organisation of the State.
- The development of "one-time password" systems will make the use of the ClaveÚnica more secure and robust, and thus facilitate its use in the private world.
Create a sovereign encrypted messaging system, using open-source and free technologies, to securely implement "electronic communications" and "electronic notifications".
- This system, whose use will be optional for individuals, will allow the right to inviolability of private communications to be respected for the first time in the country's history.
- Note: this point is sensitive as it must be weighed against the right to security —for example, the fight against gender violence— so its implementation and scope must be subject to strict control and the participation of all sectors of society.
Create local counters for health, employment, housing, retirement, taxes, labour and "digital mediation" with an omnichannel strategy that facilitates the quality of service to users thanks to the field knowledge of civil servants.
- Capitalise and strengthen the "last mile" networks: ChileAtiende, Banco Estado, Correos de Chile, Cesfam and Prodesal, among others.
- Strengthen ChileAtiende as a digital and face-to-face public service of universal citizen attention throughout the territory that guarantees people's wellbeing.
Promote a policy of international digital diplomacy that allows the country to benefit from international experience and position the national GovTech industry in the international market of innovative services for the public sector.
- The "Digital Economy Partnership Agreement" (DEPA) will allow us to refine our national digital identity policy and promote local innovations of general interest in the world.
- The French "Solidarity Fund for Innovative Projects" will allow the government to benefit from French expertise to improve the State's digital services and diversify the national GovTech market.
Last update: 09/06/2022.
« ROADMAP PROPOSAL FOR DIGITAL SOVEREIGNTY (CHILE) 3/5 » is CC BY-SA 4.0 by MAUKO QUIROGA & PAULA ESPINOZA